4/18/24

Parallel Universe


I began writing this several years ago--my guess is 6 years ago but the words and ideas just didn't take flight until the past few years. The inspiration of several books, TED Talks, podcasts, movies, and talks with friends inspired the space/time ideas in this writing, especially the book "A Wrinkle In Time" and the movie "Interstellar."
I've always been immensely fascinated by time, space, the universe, anything not related to earth. I got this love for the cosmos from my father. This poem takes some of those concepts of time and space and I intertwined them with things on our planet. Working on making this a song. This isn’t about anyone. It’s a song about what if space and time could defy. Or maybe love. 
Love defies a lot of things. 
I finished this in 2023. I think...

Oh if I could send a message out in the universe
To remind you that I loved you first
Send it it on a light beam through space
In hopes that it would reach you one day
And you could hear what I had to say
All that I’m too scared to say

Just dance with me tonight
So the stars can realign 
Love and logic always defy 
Everything we had planned ahead of time 

Oh and if I could let you see
when this black hole bends back on itself
I’ll be there waiting
At whatever is on the other side

Just dance with me tonight
So the stars can realign 
Love and logic always defy 
Everything we had planned ahead of time 
 
Oh maybe in some parallel universe
Our story didn’t end, it was all reversed
And there we are
As we always should’ve been
I with you and you with me
As only all the stars and galaxies can see
What time can’t see

Sunlight, moonlight, starlight
Dance with me
Under all these, every day and night

Just dance with me tonight
So the stars can realign 
Love and logic always defy 
Everything we had planned ahead of time 

But know this: 
 
Across and in every universe,
I’ll always look for you. 
I will always find you first. 




No comments:

Post a Comment