2/1/24

Revolution

I’m a revolution. 
Me. 
My mind. 
My body. 

I exist in places that were not meant for me.
So do you. 
I’ve been told my whole life I don’t belong by those who pretend they do. 
So have you.  
 
I’ve felt the longing to be where I’m not. 
For a home I do not yet know where or when or how. 
To be where I finally belong. 
Do you feel it? 
Have you felt it? 

Besides in my mind, in their glances, in their words and snide remarks, sometimes it’s a place. 
Time.  
Other’s lives. 
The 40 year old who isn’t a mom but who wishes her friends with kids didn’t mind. 
The single gal who wishes her married friends didn’t mind. 
The white gal who wishes her BIPOC friends didn’t mind. 
Gay-straight. 
Christian-Athesist. 
Privilege-none. 
Rich-poor. 
In all the antitheses. 
It’s in the other. 
Oh, but don’t mind the other.  
The other feels just that: other. 
Yes, please don’t mind she who isn’t you. 

So the revolution? 
It’s to be you. 
Exist. 
Know you belong. 
And let others do the same. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1JIyZizlIcaKBrJJUGOVSFt-NiHRZJdgS

No comments:

Post a Comment