You don’t find me by accident.
You don’t just stumble into someone like me and call it coincidence.
If you found me,
you were looking for something real —
even if you told yourself otherwise or you weren’t ready for it.
I see everything.
Not in a dramatic way..
Just in the way a woman sees
when she’s paying attention
with her whole body.
I understand more than I say.
Always.
I don’t perform for love.
I don’t compete for it.
I don’t chase it down the street
trying to convince it to stay.
I stay. I mean what I say.I show up steady.
Honest.
Present.
I don’t waver when things get honest.
I don’t panic when it gets real.
And that’s the part
most people don’t recognize
until later.
I’m not loud about what I offer.
I don’t have to be.
You miss me, miss us, understand what you lost… in the middle of the night.
When the house is quiet.
When your phone is dark.
When there’s nothing left
to distract you from your own thoughts.
That’s when it hits.
The steadiness.The way our bodies felt together..
The way I didn’t play games.
The way I stayed soft
without being weak.The way I tried. Still try.Put in the fucking work.More then anyone I have ever met, my therapist says.
You think about the conversations.
The way I saw through you
and didn’t flinch.
The way I loved you
without making you earn it.
And you miss me.
You will always miss me.
In that quiet,
almost unbearable way
where you realizeFuck.
you don’t you won’t come across my kind of love
twice.
I’m the memory you don’t talk about
because it still sits too close to your heart and chest.
I’m not chaos.
I’m not fantasy.I’m not perfect.
I’m not the one who got away. I’m still here. We still reach for each other in dreams, in the middle of the night. That in between is the only place our love can safely stay. I know you see me for who I am and know I am far better than anyone you ever been with, but your body doesn’t know what to do with safe. So it runs. Rejects. Returns to toxic. I’d choose and find you in every lifetime. EVERY lifetime. But this one is so much better if you’d only come back.
But I choose me because you can’t even choose yourself. And for the rest of your life you will know this is true:
You realize it
when you’re lying awake
in the middle of the night
and there’s no one there
who feels the way I did.
That’s when it lands.
I wasn’t a phase.
I’m the woman
you think about
when it’s quiet
and you can’t pretend anymore.
And for the rest of your life you will know this is true:
I’m the woman
you will measure everyone else against.
No comments:
Post a Comment