Tonight
—-—-—-—-—-Tonight the sunset and moon were perfection
This new SYML song was lit but sad
and I wanted you to listen to it for some reason
My irises are starting to bloom
The ones I planted the first day I moved here and told you first
The moon is almost full
My nightmares seem to never cease awake or asleep
I can’t find any peace
Like the other night I dreamed you had a baby girl and you came over and we played and sang and had the best best time because that’s what friends do
But then the next night was a nightmare where
Like the other night I dreamed you had a baby girl and you came over and we played and sang and had the best best time because that’s what friends do
But then the next night was a nightmare where
I dreamed I borrowed your car to take some students to an event
and your mom said bye but you locked yourself in your room so you didn’t have to see me
just like you hid behind a screen when you said it’s the end of a friendship because who does that?
and when I left I drove it the wrong way into traffic but on complete accident because in this dream the traffic was European
and it was over in a fiery instant.
Praying in the last moments to a god I no longer believe in
and if she does exist she’s fucking sleeping while we all are suffering
I woke up shaken to my core thinking:
-About my bday party and how you joked about if you died it would make things a lot easier and I yelled at you But I wish you were here so I didn’t feel the same way right now only far worse (as if it’s a contest but it’s not)
-About mortality And how we have so little time and How now I don’t get to grow to be 80 with you as my friend by my side
Really?
Please take this pain away.
This can’t be my reality.
This isn’t happening.
Right?
Yeah that nightmare fucked me up and gave me anxiety this entire week day and night
So back to tonight: all I wanted to do was share all these beautiful -- not the tragic things -- with my friend
But instead I had a panic attack on my run in my tiny corner of the world
But instead I had a panic attack on my run in my tiny corner of the world
Choking on tears and breath
Thinking of the past month,
a year ago today,
and the moment I’m standing in
And I feel so so alone And full of pain that even words cannot describe
But none of this
None of it
I could text and share with you
Because where I once was safe to share every last thought
Has been replaced with:
you hate my fucking guts
And our friendship I guess means/meant nothing?
Really?
And I feel like nothing
How is it…
and am I…nothing??
How is it…
and am I…nothing??
Please meet me for brunch
Video call me
Show up at my house one night for crying out loud
Just tell me it is....
Tell me I am...
Something.
Not nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment