My heart.
Love.
Personified.
But I also wish I was bulletproof.
From the lies.
The past that hurts.
Their words still haunt me everyday.
I wrap them around me and lean in to their beautiful truth.
All of them.
And each one is true except for the lies.
Those are the ones that I want to ricochet.
And if love is faster than a bullet,
Love, why are you eluding me?
Is this what it means to be alive?
Without you?
I don’t want to be alive without you.
Why aren’t you killing all this loneliness, the kind where I’m not with with the one I’m supposed to spend forever with?
Or is forever a lie?
Is “Alis volat propriss” my life song?
What I was born to do?
Hell no.
That’s so wrong.
I wasn’t made for this.
My heart feels too much.
I love too great.
Don’t believe me?
Ask any ex.
Well, the ones that tell the truth.
Six feet tall and bulletproof proof.
Heart.
Soul.
Love, everytime you shoot you fucking miss.
You hit and shoot to kill but don’t kill enough.
All that’s within me that’s NOT love isn’t dead.
And I’m dying waiting on the death of it so I can finally be alive.
Love, where are you?
Pull the trigger.
——————————
Background music as I wrote: https://open.spotify.com/track/0CICivRwFKqLs5oiBLYicx?si=niYGUfxeS96SJAo0AvH6rA
No comments:
Post a Comment