"“it’s a case of liberty, that love’s supposed to set you free"
- Ellen Krauss, lyrics from "The One I Love"
The Best of Everything
Love:
saved me
set me free
made me believe in everything
made me question everything—
everything I’d ever believed
some things I didn’t think I wanted
almost refused to see
but now do
because I was wrong about so many things
some things I didn’t think I wanted
almost refused to see
but now do
because I was wrong about so many things
so, so many things
now I know what it really means
Love:
helped me find me
the me I already was down deep
yes, set that ‘me’ free
Love:
needs
no complications
no pretense
no copacetic list
&
no strings
it is wild
&
oh so
free
selfless
yet
self-governing
life-giving
liberating
&
pure liberty
& when I have it
it's like all the best of everything
& all I've ever lost
comes back, returns to me
No comments:
Post a Comment