You & the Moon & Me
Present the day I told you I wanted you, even though I was thousands of miles away in Amsterdam but wanting so badly to be with you.
Present the night I told you I loved you in person and asked to kiss you.
"Not yet," you said.
Present the night you first told me you loved me, finally in your arms at last.
Present the night of moon salutations.
Present the night around the fire.
If there is a pattern, this is it:
you and me under this sky.
You're not mine.
You never were except maybe for one night.
But if you ever will be again,
instead of only being in every good dream I have,
it will be under the moonlight of this sky.
And if there isn't a pattern,
Just say it if it's true:
you feel the same way that I do,
and I'll take you back under any sky.
I don't think there's a point in telling you how I feel unless you say it first.
So I won't ruin anything, won't cross any lines.
Because I'd rather say nothing and stay nothing but friends forever,
if it means not losing you twice.
No comments:
Post a Comment